|Financial Aid and FAFSA Combo Workshop|
Event Type: Teen Program|
Age Group(s): Teens, Adults
Start Time: 7:00 PM
End Time: 8:30 PM
Registration Required. Financial Aid and FAFSA combo Workshop provides general financial aid information and how to complete the FAFSA all in one. After the ˝ hour presentation, students will complete their FAFSA with assistance from McHenry County College Financial Aid Outreach staff.Map
The following information is very important for the families who have registered to follow through on at least a few days BEFORE the workshop. Please read carefully.
CREATE your FSA ID BEFORE the workshop – you can go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid to set up your FSA ID
• one for student and one for parent who is signing the FAFSA. This will serve as your electronic signature when signing the FAFSA.
• Parent and student are required to include their OWN email. The email addresses cannot be the same.
• It is imperative that only you create your FSA ID. The process can be very confusing if you create an FSA ID for someone else.
• Be sure to carefully write your username and password down!
Required Information to bring
• FSA ID—parent and student
• Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA and when creating your FSA ID)
• Your parents’ Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student
o -Parents who do not have a SS# enter 000-00-0000
• Your driver’s license
• 2018 Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student: IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
• 2018 Foreign tax return and/or Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau
• Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
• Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student
• Birthdates of student and parents
• Marriage or divorce dates
Location: Computer Lab
Status: Waiting List